Friday, November 17, 2006

Dharamsala

View from my room in Dharamsala



So I got out of Delhi. Really neat place, tonnes to see, slightly overwhelming, and WAY more expensive than India is supposed to be. I took a night "semi sleeper" bus to Dharamsala (seat of the tibetan goverment in exile and his holiness the Dalai Lama) in the north-western part of the country. Monastaries and mountains... it's my kind of place. It reminds me a bit of places i visited in Nepal last year. I'm staying in a small village about 15 minutes walk from the main bazaar. It's quiet, and very beautiful, although it suffers from the same plague of garbage and cows and dogs as the rest of the country. The bare bones plan at the moment is to use Dharamsala as my base for some short hiking trips, maybe meditate a bit... I'll play it by ear. I'll post some pictures within the next few days.

No comments: