Tuesday, November 21, 2006

More protest in Dharamsala


They were anything but quiet today. I emerged from an early lunch to the roar of angry Tibetans chanting slogans and waving flags as they marched through the streets of Upper Dharamsala in the second day of protests over Hu Jintao's visit to India. Like yesterday, It was an amazing spectical. Maroon robed monks led the march, and were followed by school children, farmers, shop owners.... everybody! including jeeps with loud speakers mounted on them.
It's actually been quite difficult to get anything done in town today because all of the shops run by Tibetans are closed. I'm not complaining though, this is an absolutely fascinating place to be right now. In other events, I've slowly been gathering supplies for a trek over the little travelled Mikianni pass on the way to Chamba.

My video of the march.


My video of the candlelight march later in the evening.

No comments: