Friday, February 02, 2007

Hippy life

On a road near Palolem


Fishing huts - a few hours walk south of Arambol


About time for an update on my adventures (or lack thereof) don't you think? Yoga was great. Iyengar Hatha Yoga, the style I was taught, is basicly meditation in wacky positions. I was pleasantly suprised to find how compatible yoga and Vipassana meditation are. Many of the principles are the same; Awareness and non-reaction to sensation being the two most important. Arambol beach is a cool place. It's full of interesting people and there is always something going on. The beach stretches on for many many kilometers, some days I walked all day. Palolem beach, where I am now, is very beautiful but lacks the edge of Arambol. It's much slicker and the mix of people isn't nearly as interesting... no hippies :(. I'll be moving on shortly.


Beach cricket

My favorite breakfast: Chai, 8 kinds of fruit mixed with muesli, served with curd (yogurt) and honey for $1.50. Yes I know, not very indian, but soooooo very tasty and healthy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi there guy in india,
it all looks very cozy and relaxed and utterly enjoyable... so it will probably get old too soon.
Good to see that you're still hooked on the best breakfast ever ;)
keep the updates coming... (it's winter and the weather is horrible... i need them!)