Thursday, February 22, 2007

Welcome to the jungle...

Kerala Backwaters





I'll let the pictures do most of the talking... I did my backwater cruise on a local ferry for 10 rupees (25 cents.) It was a great way to see how people live here.... very not touristy... it was like a typical indian bus, but on water.
Periyar was sweet. They've got hills... and tea, and it rains! (first I've seen in 2.5 months... this is indeed something to be excited about) and elephants and wild boars and bison and monkeys and.... alas, there were no tiger sightings.
On the road to Periyar



Tea plantation near Putady

Periyar




Touch me not plant

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Your journey has been amazing... I definitely have to get back there!

Life is back to "normal" except that I'm in Perth!

Hope you're being safe ;)